Have given a few very simple questions in mean, median. Will post more challenging questions through the week.
1. The average revenue of company A in a year was Rs.30,000 a month. During the first 5 months, the company saw an average revenue of Rs. 25,000 per month and in the last 6 months, the company saw an average of Rs.33,000 per month. What was the revenue level in the 6th month?
2. The captain of a cricket squad of 14 players is 28 years old. The wicket-keeper is 32 years old. If these two players are replaced by two younger players, the average age of the team drops by 1 year. What is the average age of the two new players.?
3. The average age of the students of class A comprising 25 students is 19 years and that of the students of class B comprising 15 students is 11 years. What is the average age of the students of the two classes taken together?
4. The average weight of a class comprising 29 students is 40 kgs. If the weight of the teacher is also included, the average weight increases by 0.5 kgs. What is the weight of the teacher?
5. 30 friends go out for dinner. 12 of them spend Rs.32.5 each for the dinner while the rest of them spend Rs.3 more than the average expense of all 30. What was the total money spent?
6. The range of the height of male members in a team is 9 cms, and that of the female members in the team is 8 cms. What is the range of the height of the team if the shortest man in the team is 3 cms taller than the shortest woman in the team?
7. The median of 68, 93, 109, x, y, and 97 is 97. What is the least possible average of x and y?
Labels: CAT Averages, CAT mean median, CAT questions