1. The price of a mobile phone decreased by 25% to Rs. 100. What was the price before the decrease and by what amount did it decrease?
2. The price of a mobile phone decreased by 25% from Rs. 100. What was the price after the decrease and by what amount did it decrease?
3. The price of a mobile phone decreased by 25% or Rs. 100. What was the price before the decrease and what is after the decrease?
4. In an election contested by two candidates, the winning candidate got 24% of the total votes more than the losing candidate. If the losing candidate got 76,000 votes, how many votes did the winning candidate get? Assume that there were no invalid votes
5. The price of Ford Fusion is 25% less than that of Honda City. By what percentage is a Honda City more expensive than a Ford Fusion?
6. 40% of the people in a gathering speak English. Of the remaining people, 60% speak Hindi. If 96 people speak neither Hindi nor English, how many people were there in the gathering?
7. Ann and Ron are a married couple and Ann earned twice as much as Ron in the month of January. In Feb Ann got a rise of 20% while Ron got a rise of only 10%. If both of them saved half their wages and the combined savings of the couple in the month of February is Rs.52,500, what is the salary of Ron in February?
8. 50% of the students in a class that has 40% women students have got jobs during the recently concluded placement week. If 60% of the men in the class have got placements, what percentage of the women in class are yet to be placed?
9. A sample of 40 liters of diesel is found to be adulterated to the extent of 20%. How many liters of pure diesel be added to the above mixture so that level of impurity stands reduced at 5%?
10. What is the percentage change in the perimeter of a rectangle whose length increases by 5% and width decreases by 15%?
Labels: CAT Percentages, CAT questions